Thursday, 14 May 2009


I was lucky to have her beside,
While swimming through life’s great tide.
To the world I came, inhaled and gasped,
To her finger my little hand grasped.

Her eyes full of love welcomed me,
A new home’ a new world filled with glee.
The doctors tried their best to put her to sleep,
While she in her joy couldn’t help but peep.

The first thing my eyes saw was a vision of an angel,
Fear vanished; security crept in as I came out of my shell
Warm eyes that I could trust and a beautiful face,
filled with love and God’s amazing grace.

To her I was the gift of love, a bundle of joy.
Her flesh and blood and not some live toy.
She nursed, nurtured and cared for me
I was happy, content and a joyful baby.

Her lullabies would soothe all my fears,
Just the sight of her could stop my tears.
For me she could do anything
She taught me how to pray and sing.

She held my hand and led me to school,
Without her there I felt like a fool,
By the courage I imbibed from her not a tear I shed,
And so holding my hand in life she led.

Like any other mother she obviously preaches,
Through her actions and deeds she always teaches.
Love, Respect and kindness to all
Will keep you going and never will you fall.

Her cooking is the most amazing,
Every dish she prepares has that extra zing.
She cleans, cooks and teaches, no talent she lacks
The only problem is that she doesn’t know how to relax.

Her heart so big and full of care,
To harm her family nobody would ever dare.
For friends she will help as much as she can
I really am her biggest fan.



No comments:

Post a Comment